Good day, Hunnies! Last November 25, 2015, Top Pick Advertising organized a pre-holiday bloggers’ workshop called Own Christmas! It was held at Green Sun Hotel in Pasong Tamo Ext, Makati City. They’ve invited guests to give us Christmas-related D.I.Y.’s like unique ways of wrapping gifts, cooking a new pasta recipe, and more. Aside from that, they’ve also gave out freebies which include bags of El Real Healthy Spaghetti.
I stumbled upon Kristine’s blog where she posted her recipe of Carbonara (or as what she said, ‘Spicy Tuna Carbonara ala Kristine’ lol) and thought why not post a recipe too, not of Carbonara but of my favorite, Spaghetti alla Puttanesca!
Some might be wondering what Spaghetti alla Puttanesca is (literal translation: spaghetti as a prostitute would prepare) – it is a spicy, tangy and somewhat salty Italian pasta from the area of Naples. It is inexpensive and typically Mediterranean.
- 2 small (14 – 16 oz) or 1 large (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic (halved)
- 4 or 5 anchovy filets (chopped)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 – 12 black olives (stoned and coarsely chopped)
- 2 tbsp capers (soaked and drained)
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 to 1 small red chili (chopped)
- 1 lb spaghetti (or spaghettini)
- Set the pasta water to boil.
- Set aside some of the olives, parsley and capers as a garnish.
- In a deep pan lightly brown the garlic in hot oil. Add anchovies, crush to a paste with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, capers and the chili, cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Begin cooking the pasta as the sauce thickens.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain well, add the sauce, and mix thoroughly. Some like to add a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley at this point.
Why Choose El Real Healthy Spaghetti?
El Real Healthy Spaghetti is made from durum wheat semolina known for boosting energy. It is ideal for all those living an active lifestyle. It also contain malunggay leaves which is a good source of vitamins A, B, E and minerals, especially calcium since it has four times the calcium in milk. This give pasta lovers more reasons to indulge in their favorite dish. Not only is this product good, it is also relatively affordable.
To know more about this awesome product, head over to their Facebook page, I Love El Real.
Bon appétit, mon chéri!